Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Day

     The sun is shining this morning – first time in 3 or 4 days. I lose track of time and days when it rains all day and night. The temperature outside has been cooler and much more bearable to go outside, between the raindrops. But today, back to the reality show called Florida in Summer.

     I have been especially tired the last few days. It's a combination of the rain and not feeling well. I've gotten a lot of reading and napping done. I did go see my gastroenterologist for ongoing problems with my tummy, and he wants to do another colonoscopy and endoscopy next week. I thought one for the year was enough on colonoscopies. But no! My doctors are trying to solve the mystery of my slow leak of blood somewhere and why I feel so crappy. Good, I say! I like doctors who are detectives and care about their patients' well-being.

     I'm leaving the house today. Do something fun. Tomorrow "The Help" will start showing in the local theater and I want to see it this weekend. I read the book and it was compelling, authentic, and well-written. Having spent summers in northern Alabama with my grandparents, I know how the system works and the book helped me understand even more. I'm going to write more poems for the August Postcard Poetry Fest, too. Here's one I wrote last week:

Dividing life by decades and activities
there is a link:  creative action
threads its way in and out, through
and sideways, drops, returns.
But constant.
Driven by dreams.

Have a creative day.

No comments:

Post a Comment